What Determines Your FICO Score?
Your FICO (or credit) scores determine
the type of home loan that you can qualify
for, along with what interest rate is
available to you. The better your FICO
scores, the better the financing available
to you - it's that simple.
Most lenders are discontinuing their more
lenient loans and are offering loans with
Here is what determines your FICO score:
- 35% - Past payment history
- 30% - Outstanding debt utilization
- 15% - History of credit establishment
- 10% - Pursuit of new credit inquiries
- 10% - Types of credit in use